Travel nursing is a great career path for many nurses. But when it comes to renting an apartment or house, it’s important to know if you’re making a good choice. With the right information and knowledge, you can be sure that your new tenant is a great fit for your property. In this article, we’ll discuss what makes travel nurses great apartment tenants and how you can rent with confidence.
Benefits of Renting to Travel Nurses: Explore the advantages of welcoming a travel nurse into your rental property
Renting to travel nurses can be a great way to generate passive income without the commitment of long-term rentals. Offering flexibility and tax benefits, travel nurse rentals are a great option for both new and experienced rental property owners. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages to consider before deciding if travel nurse rentals are right for you.
Advantages of Travel Nurse Rentals
1. Flexibility: Rental agreements for travel nurses typically last three months, offering more flexibility than traditional rentals with 12-month leases. This makes it easier to live in your property or sell once the lease expires.
2. Tax Benefits: Despite the shorter lease duration, owning a rental property can still qualify you for certain tax benefits. Get in touch with a certified accountant to find out which deductions you can benefit from!
3. More Money: You can also charge a higher fee for furnished units that include utilities during the busy season (generally the summer months).
Disadvantages of Travel Nurse Rentals
1. Higher Vacancy Rates: There may be times when you can experience higher vacancy rates since the demand for short-term rentals can fluctuate throughout the year.
2. Additional Costs: You may need to invest in an electronic keypad, consider how many bathrooms your unit offers, and allow pets. You can charge a one-time pet fee and pet rent if allowing them to use in the case of property damage caused by the pet.
Travelling nurses are seeking short-term rentals now more than ever. Keeping them comfortable and appreciated only takes a little consideration.
Ultimately, travel nurses make ideal tenants because they are reliable, trustworthy and they make it easy to get the most out of your rental property. Are you looking to rent to travelling nurses in Winnipeg? Maximize this great opportunity by avoiding costly mistakes, and list your property with Nest Host – a rental management service specifically designed for travel nurses!